Monday, July 01, 2013

Inspired DIY Outdoor Shower

I saw the most romantic outdoor shower, the other day at Cost Plus World Market.  It was even on sale! I have no good reason to need much less want, an outdoor shower. We don't have a pool. We don't live near the woods or any secluded area...we live in suburbia for goodness sake.

I don't know why I think it's romantic--our back yard doesn't even have shade! For goodness sakes. I have to admit, and come to terms with the fact that I pretty much view everything through a highly romantic lens...like curved shower bars. {Don't knock it till you get one!}

My oldest son figured he could make one. The next day he and his friend did...

Here is the inspiration:



Sorry, if you want to see a better and more details pic of it, click on the link in my intro sentence. World Market is pretty good at making their larger pix uncopyable.

It has a brushed metal looking shower head and piping, petite, stained beams, an old fashioned handle, and even a handy soap dish!

It's just fabulous, isn't it?

They spent the afternoon gathering supplies and went to work to recreate it.





Here is their version:

Not the best staged picture or angle, either. But hey!

Instead of a shower head they used a sprinkler. Instead of pretty piping they used green rubber hose. Instead of petite wood beams,they used 2x4s. No soap dish.

It works though and it's pretty nifty. Now, I just need a reason to take an outdoor shower...I think the boys will get good use out of it when it's that time of day that all the heat is trapped inside our house and it feels 'too hot' to take a shower but that's exactly WHY know you need one.

No comments: