Thursday, July 28, 2005

I know the answer..........

Why BOYS don't do crafts. Oh not because they can't or don't want too. It's because they DON'T make Spider-man character beads! If they did, I bet a lot more boys would be calmly sitting around making really cool bracelets!

We have a birthday party to go to on Saturday for a little girl from church who is friends w/ our kids & we are friends w/ her parents. It's a Spider-man themed party. She loves Spiderman.

Still being a bit financially oppressed, I thought I would make her a poncho, which is not only inexpensive but also easy for me to do.Of course, I knew that not any ol' poncho would do. I don't think a Spiderman loving girl wants a frilly, ruffled, pink poncho! Of course not! Even I know that!

So I thought, I will make a Spiderman themed poncho. Red, white & blue w/ Spiderman Character beads. I naturally assumed since my dd has a bead set w/ Hello Kitty beads, that they must make Spiderman character beads too right? If nothing else than a Spiderman button? or scrapbook charm? or a spider button? or something?

Nope. Nada. Nothing! I think I should start my own company for unique items such as this. Ghoulish Crafts it could be called. Or Boy Beads. (not to be confused w/ Boy Bands!) lol

Whatever, I think I'm gonna have to crochet a spider applique somehow......hopefully I can figure that out since there are also NO Spiderman themed crochet patterns 'out there' either. Star wars sure, but no Spiderman! ugh!

No comments: