Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Lovely Blue Scarf


I just finished this scarf & hat set. It only took about a day, maybe an hour or 2 for the scarf & possibly a little less than an hour for the hat. I used the wrong size hook & different yarn than the pattern called for, for the hat so it was coming out doll size @ first. I tore it out & tried using a larger hook but that made it too holey & downright ugly. I went back to the orginal pattern & hook & added a few more 'expanding rows' & that did the trick.

I also worked the scarf length wise rows instead of width. It made it work MUCH faster, no time wasted turning the scarf back & forth. I attached the fringe trim that you can see. I still have not figured out a nicer way to attach it. :( But i tcame out ok, overall. I actually created the scarf pattern myself, it's very simple. I'm sure if someone looked close they could figure it out. I added an edge to match the round circles on the trim. I used the same edge on the hat. I love this scarf so much that I think it will be my 'new' scarf pattern from now on. lol

No comments: