This is the first kitty I made from the pattern linked in the post below.
The waffle fabric added a nice texture but it frayed easily. I did *not* like the hand sewing bits. This is the first time (since college costume class) that I hand-sewed using a decorative blanket/whip stitch.
Since this was the prototype & ds chose the fabric, I intended on letting him have it, so i chose a pair of vintage eye-looking buttons to use as eyes.
I made another one for my cousin for her birthday. I was not able to get a pic but it was red plaid body w/ red velvet stripes. I machine stitched the stripes on & they looked like flames. lol