Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Another Birthday Banner

Any excuse to sew? Instead of using glue to attach pieces of this super easy banner, I sewed them.

It was the Mr.'s birthday and besides the fact that he was always present (I like to surprise), I hardly had a moment to spare. So while he was out playing tennis for the morning, I went to work.

I free hand cut larger pennant triangles from fall themed paper I had, then smaller ones.  I sewed straight across the tops to attach the smaller pieces on top and to attach each pennant to the next. I left my free motion quilting foot on my machine all summer, this was another excuse to put it to practice. (And boy do I need practice using it!!!!) After all the triangles were attached, I created a string of swirls on each individual pennant. I had plenty of letters but none that went with the color scheme of the papers. I noticed some letters the day before while I was @ Target & knew they would match. I quickly went to Target, used a $5 gift card I had and paid a dollar out of pocket for a pack of alphabet stickers in the exact hues I needed.  Voila'!



Easy peasy and festive to boot!

No comments: