Thursday, January 06, 2011

Crafty goals for this year

Why not? We make so many other types of resolutions....why not list crafty goals or things we'd really like to accomplish, artistically speaking, too? I'm not going to list small things, (like the toddler jacket I have sitting on my table right now, that is half way done) but rather some larger projects I REALLY want to do.

1. finish my middle son's quilt
*most rows are are finished but still need to be attached for top
*needs assembling
*need to choose binding fabric

2. create a quilt from my oldest son's chalk drawing & enter it into the fair
*not started, need to make fabric choices

3. crochet an afghan and enter it into the fair
*it's 60 circles connected by 73 small squares
*1 circle completed

I'm sure there will be plenty of smaller projects in between  but these are the main ones I want to really finish this year....& truly ASAP!

I'll let you know how it's going along the way.
What do YOU want to create this year?

2 comments:

Susan Skommesa said...

I love this Katy! Last week I went to leave the house and noticed my coat, hat, gloves, and scarf all were mismatched. Up here in the mountains, where winter includes snow and cold, these items are a necessity. As a girl who loves her accessories, I couldn't believe I didn't have any matching sets! So the other day I couldn't sleep and started thinking about my mismatched winter apparel. By 2:00 am I had a foot of a beautiful cable knit scarf started. I can't remember the last time I made myself something. Maybe this year it would be good to add to our crafty goals a pretty item for our self. :)

kt said...

that's awesome!
I *think* that's what my crochet afghan will be...just.for.me? Buuuuuttt...I have been meaning to make myself a new hat too. ;-)

Can't wait to see your *set* when it's all done!