For the second installment of a tea I again hosted, I could not find the mini composition books. I did find these little top-flip notepads. They had a sturdy cardboard back but no front cover. I thought I might make a sewn felt flip cover but decided to use paper instead. It was great.
I simply cut paper to fit the front 1.5x the height of the book. I folded it over the top and glued it to the back. To add a little more flair, I used rub on transfers I had, of inspirational words and definitions. I think I've mentioned before how awful I am at cutting so that was the hardest part. I'm sure a paper cutter/trimmer could work to make this part of the process easier but I always forget I have one.