Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's day goodies


St. Patrick's Day gets barely a nod in our home but I did manage a few treats and goodies. I have been seeing folded paper medallions online and decided to make one for our front door. I gave it my own 'twist' by only creating a half medallion. I layered 3 different papers on top of each other, topped with a *clearance* sparkly shamrock.

It was quick and simple...once I found my glue gun. Never found the glue sticks so I hopped back into the car for the 2 minute drive down the street to Joann's to purchase a bag of glue sticks. I had my %40 off coupon handy so they only cost a few dollars.

Later, I melted vanilla and chocolate 'meltys' in my sister-in-love's microwave to dip pretzel sticks in for a yummy and simple treat. I used neon green food coloring in the vanilla and green sprinkles for a festive look. Nothing is yummier than a sweet and salty treat like a chocolate dipped pretzel! Right?

Dipped pretzels make a great treat gift for any occasion. All you hvae to do is coordinate your sprinkles for the occasion & voila'!

No comments: